Thursday, April 30, 2009

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!!

Greetings Selection Committee, I'm Greg and I'm really excited about the reef job!

Excited scarcely begins to describe it. This week has been an absolute squall of media interviews, packing, research, interview preparation... oh, and teaching full time too. I can't wait to get on that plane and head off to The Best Job in the World, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. I need to be chosen first. Though I feel like I've already been chosen. This entire process has been challenging yet very rewarding. I've been so blessed to experience just a bit of celebrity and now I get to fly out to some of the most beautiful islands in the world to meet a crew selected from out of more than 34,000 applicants! This is one to tell the great-grandchildren about. But since that's a ways off I'll just stick to telling my faithful readers.

Thank you again to everyone who voted and spread the word. Thank you for your continued support and encouragement. Thank you for prayers for safety whilst traveling, and for God's blessing as I experience His beautiful creation and interview for this amazing job. I want this job, but even more, I want His will done in my life.

I fly out Friday morning at 9:55AM Singapore time and the media madness and awesome itinerary begin on Saturday. Stay tuned for some updates!

I just got this cool quote from my friend, Grant - my application filmographer - he was just trekking in New Zealand and was rescued from floods by helicopter!
"Attempt something so impossible that failure is certain unless God steps in and helps!"

-Greg

PS: Liz, if you're reading, I hope you're loving Guatemala!

No comments:

Post a Comment